Over 30 free construction career vacanciesConstruction Jobs
Technical Bid Manager - Bridges
- Company: Kingfisher Search
- Salary: £80k
- Region: International
- Town/City: NorthEast
- Posted: 22/02/2012
- Reference: TCI/JB067
Our client is a newly formed Consortium who are bidding on a major new Infrastructure Project in the Northwest. The Consortium has a strong financial backing and expertise in major Infrastructure Development across the Globe.
We are seeking to immediately appoint a Technical Bid Manager for the project.
The Technical Bid Manager will work on a daily basis within the Bid Team and report to the Bid Director. The role will involve:
- significant interaction and presentation to local authorities
- driving design for competitive advantage in design, construction and cost
- assessing alternative design solutions and taking cognisance of their commercial and financial implications
- insuring the technical aspects of the bid meet (and where possible exceed) the brief and requirements of the client
- interacting closely with other members of the bid team to insure a cohesive and comprehensive approach to the bid
Ideally a Civil Engineer by background the candidate will manage the co-ordination of the technical aspects of the bid for an initial period of 18 months (strong possibility of further extension and involvement in other projects). Previous exposure to the bid stages of large infrastructure and PFI projects will be a distinct advantage.
Applications which will be dealt with in strictest confidence should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org