Jobs » view
Over 300 free construction career vacancies Construction Jobs
Van Driver (3.5t)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Type: Full Time
- Region: UK - West Midlands
- Town/City: Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire
- Posted: 08/09/2016
- Listed in: Trades & Labour Staff
- Reference: SLdriverarbburton979_1473340357
A market leading tool and equipment hire organisation has an excellent opportunity for a van driver (3.5t) based in Burton On Trent, to join a very successful depot. This national business has 45 years of operation and is continually ranked in the top three firms of their kind within the UK. They operate a network of 170+ branches which are strategically located, maximising revenues combined with a reputation of reliability and expertise within the sector. To be successful in the position of van driver, it is required that you are skilled and experienced in the following areas:
- ESSENTIAL you have a Full UK Driving License
- ESSENTIAL you have tool hire, builder merchants or construction based delivery experience
- IDEALLY you have BE on your license and have a digi tacho card
- You will be delivering goods promptly and safely to customers and other branches, planning your daily routes to maximise efficiency and costs
- You will need to have a wide, up to date knowledge of construction related tools and equipment for hire.
- You will need to demonstrate appropriate use of equipment.
- You will be completing all paperwork such as delivery notes and tests logs accurately along with collecting cash and payment from customers as appropriate.
- You will be required to pass on any leads or potential opportunities to the Branch, reporting back site activity to aid sales
- You will be required to give advice and help to customers when on site, and provide solutions to queries.
You will also be required to comply with the following:
- Legal requirements such as Transport rules, Road Traffic Act, driving safely and professionally.
- Health and Safety regulations such as vehicle maintenance, maintenance and efficiency of loading area, loads equipment safely, ensures strapped appropriately and will need to keep up to date with safety requirements.
- Appropriate and relevant procedures.
- You will need to be courteous, polite and professional to all customers, recognising the importance of therole in terms of customer service.
If you are a proven van driver and looking to work for one of the UK's finest tool and equipment hire companies, offering exceptional career opportunities, training and financial reward, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earliest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.