Jobs » view
Over 300 free construction career vacancies Construction Jobs
Senior Quantity Surveyor / Managing Surveyor
- Salary: Dependent on Experience
- Type: Full Time
- Region: UK - South West
- Town/City: Swindon, Wiltshire
- Posted: 13/09/2016
- Listed in: Quantity Surveyors
- Reference: SLsnrqseyd653543_1473774747
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a leading civil & rail main contractor, that since 1979, have built a solid reputation for quality and service. They build, maintain and renew infrastructure within both the public and private sector, delivering civil engineering and building projects of all sizes, throughout England and Wales. Health & safety, quality assurance, the environment and sustainability are at the forefront of everything they do and they actively engage and collaborate with their partners and local communities.
There is a fantastic opportunity within this business for a senior quantity surveyor / managing surveyor, within their rail division and to be successful in the position, it is required you are skilled and experienced in the following areas:
Offer excellent NEC and rail or civils experience - ESSENTIAL
* Assist in staff matters as requested.
* Manage, supervise and mentor your "reports" within the commercial structure.
* Provide opportunities to junior commercial staff to aid their development under the commercial training programme.
* Provide input to contacts with client's representatives.
* Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
* Commercial management of subcontractors including payments preparation, final account work, and inputting into dispute resolution.
* Monitor cost of site resources.
* Produce monthly cost and value reports, quarterly reports and present to senior management.
* Take part in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
* Understand and promote usage of Company Procedures and suggest improvements to senior management.
* Ensure timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
* Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
* Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
* Assist with the production of insurance claims.
* Manage time and workloads for yourself and the commercial team in a structured manner.
* Assist in defining and delivery of commercial training to all site staff.
* Provide input to risk management of projects.
* Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
* Enhanced knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
If you are a proven rail based senior quantity surveyor / managing surveyor, then please don't hesitate to forward your CV at your earliest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.