Europeans on the shortlist for $2.6bn US bridges
Shortlisted teams for a US$2.6bn (£2.12bn) bridge project include the investment businesses of Laing and Balfour Beatty, with Skanska, Vinci, Hochtief, Bilfinger Berger and ACS also making the cut.
Kentucky and Indiana have shortlisted a total of seven teams to build the US$2.6bn Ohio River Bridges project, with separate lists for the Interstate 65 contract and for the East End Crossing.
The three shortlisted from five applicants for the I-65 project are:
- Ohio River Transportation Constructors, a joint venture of Kiewit Infrastructure, Traylor Brothers, Kokosing Construction and Massman Construction
- Skanska, Flatiron and Dragados USA
- Walsh Construction Company
The schedule calls for the winning team to be selected in October, allowing preliminary construction work to begin before year’s end.
Four of the six teams wanting to build the East End Crossing have been shortlisted. They are:
- East End Mobility Partners, made up of SNC-Lavalin Capital, John Laing Investments, Zachry Resources, Tutor Perini Corporation
- Ohio River Mobility Group, made up of ACS Infrastructure Development, Hochtief PPP Solutions North America, Skanska Infrastructure Development, Flatiron Constructors and Dragados USA
- Ohio River Transportation Partners, made up of Infrared Capital Partners, Balfour Beatty Capital, Kiewit Development, Traylor Bros and Massman Construction
- WVB East End Partners, made up of Walsh Investors, Vinci Concessions and Bilfinger Berger PI International Holding.
A final request for proposals on financing, developing, constructing, operating and maintaining the East End Crossing is due to be issued to the shortlisted teams in late July.
- Click here to return to the previous page
- Subscribe to our free construction newsletters
- Buy & Sell Construction Plant Machinery online with TCiTrader.co.uk. Find new, used & reconditioned Construction Equipment. Click here to view Construction Equipment Classifieds.
- UK Construction Week: 9 major shows under one roof with 55,000 trade visitors and 1,000 exhibitors (6-8 October 2015 | NEC) - Register for FREE here
Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.
This article was published on 25 Apr 2012 (last updated on 25 Apr 2012).