Twitter
Daily construction news
Weekly plant news

Construction News

Thu November 27th 2014

Related Information
Related Information

News » International » Ferrovial enters Polish waste treatment market » published 05/07/2012

Ferrovial enters Polish waste treatment market

Ferrovial has entered Poland's incipient waste treatment market with a contract for a €78m (£62.7m) plant.

Ferrovial will be working with Belgian environmental technology specialist Keppel Seghers. Above: Ferrovial will be working with Belgian environmental technology specialist Keppel Seghers.

The contract involves designing and building a waste-to-energy plant in Bialystok in the northeast of the country.

The consortium carrying out the work will be led by Budimex, Ferrovial's construction subsidiary in Poland, together with Cespa, the group's environmental services subsidiary. They will be working with Keppel Seghers, a Belgian company specialised in environmental technology.

The plant, which is  Ferrovial's first waste treatment contract in Poland, will serve Bialystok’s 300,000 inhabitants. It will be able to process 120,000t of waste per year with a generating capacity of 17.5MWth and is scheduled for delivery at the end of 2015. According to EU data, barely 27% of waste generated in Poland is currently recycled or reused, and the remaining 73% is dumped in landfills, said Ferrovial.

MPU

Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.

This article was published on 05/07/2012 (last updated on 05/07/2012).

More News Channels