Highways England adopts industry hard hat colour scheme
Contractors working on national road projects will from next year have to adhere to a new system for hard hat colours.
At present contractors specify different requirements on safety helmets as there is no industry agreed standard. This prompted Build UK to produce an industry standard in May.
Highways England is now adopting this system.
- Black safety helmets are for site supervisors.
- Orange helmets are for slingers/signallers.
- White helmets are for general use (including sites where colour coding is impractical), managers, clients and competent operatives.
- Blue safety helmets are to be worn by inexperienced workers and site visitors.
Highways England said that from 1st January 2017, all of its construction and maintenance sites that adopt a helmet colour code for specific roles should use this colour system.
- Click here to return to the previous page
- Subscribe to our free construction newsletters
- Buy & Sell Construction Plant Machinery online with TCiTrader.co.uk. Find new, used & reconditioned Construction Equipment. Click here to view Construction Equipment Classifieds.
Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.
This article was published on 21 Sep 2016 (last updated on 22 Sep 2016).