Motorola Mobility and JCB announce limited edition Motorola Defy+ - Life Proof just became work proof
Motorola Mobility today launches a limited edition Motorola Defy+ handset which transforms the UK’s favourite life proof handset into a ‘work proof’ model.
The exclusive Motorola Defy+ JCB Edition features exceptional work-orientated protection for anyone operating the demanding construction and engineering sectors, or who work in the rugged outdoors and in extremely demanding conditions thanks to its patented visco-elastic protective sleeve from JCB with re-entrant geometry.
Taking ‘work proof’ functionality one step further, the Motorola Defy+ JCB Edition handset also offers construction site users and outdoor enthusiasts who routinely work with core technical and measuring materials a range of built-in options. It comes pre-loaded with bespoke JCB applications including: a spirit level, theodolite, decibel meter and recorder, torch, unit converter, calculator and DIY store locator. This saves the user time and effort of lugging around a boot load of individual work components, and also serves to speed up their productivity and output at the touch of a button.
For those users who will also need to communicate remotely, between multiple venues, or even on-the-go with a range of associates the handset will feature Push To Talk functionality which will allow them to operate the device as a walkie-talkie (via the cellular network) with group call and messaging functionality.
Victoria McManus, UK marketing director, Motorola Mobility said: “We’re thrilled to be working with JCB on this bespoke Motorola Defy+ device. The unique protective sleeve will pull on JCB’s years of expertise in the construction industry to help us reach a new audience who we know are in need of a life and work proof handset.”
Motorola Mobility launched the standard Motorola Defy+ handset in September 2011. The limited edition JCB version will also feature existing Motorola Defy+ handset functionality such as a 1GHz processor that runs 25 percent faster. Users can make the Motorola Defy+ JCB edition meet their own personal needs by organising and personalising their Application trays for easy and quick access to their most used tools, games and content.
It also features the Android™ 2.3 (Gingerbread) which delivers a more intuitive user interface and improvements on the features users choose most – including enhanced calendar and email features, home screen options and better battery life.
Jason Kemp, Marketing Director at Data Select, said: “The Motorola Defy+ JCB Edition is the perfect extension of an already robust handset. Smartphone use is on the rise amongst construction audiences and this handset perfectly addresses their workday needs.”
The Motorola Defy+ JCB Edition also includes a car charger with an extra long curly cable. It is available to purchase in all good UK retail stockists from RRP £259.99.
Key features and specifications of Motorola Defy+ include:
• Powered by Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and features more than 300,000 apps from Android Market
• 1 GHz processor that runs 25 percent faster for efficient Web browsing and multitasking
• Water resistant, scratch resistant and dust proof to withstand all that life throws users way
• Features scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
• 3.7-inch high-resolution touch screen display
• Motoblur lets users stay in touch with friends, providing quick access to social media accounts and live widgets directly from the homescreen
• Motorola Media Link allows users to sync their media content from their desktops at home or work
• Loaded with the ability to create group emails and communication
• Adobe Flash Player 10 for uncompromised viewing of applications, content and videos
• 5MP camera with auto focus, flash and digital zoom
• 2GB internal; 2GB microSD card in box, expandable up to 32GB1
• Access to Google Mobile Services (Google Maps with Navigation, Google Talk, browsing)
• 1700 mAH battery for 7.1 hours of talk time and 16 days in standby2
- Click here to return to the previous page
- Subscribe to our free construction newsletters
- Buy & Sell Construction Plant Machinery online with TCiTrader.co.uk. Find new, used & reconditioned Construction Equipment. Click here to view Construction Equipment Classifieds.
Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.
This article was published on 19 Jan 2012 (last updated on 19 Jan 2012).