Shortlist announced for $330m Ohio PPP
Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) has announced the three teams that will vie for an estimated US$330m (£211m) contract to design, construct and finance the second I-90 Innerbelt Bridge.
The three shortlisted teams of contractors and designers for the eastbound bridge are:
- Kokosing Construction Company with Michael Baker Jr
- Trumbull Corporation, Great Lakes Construction and Ruhlin with URS
- Walsh Construction with HDR Engineering
This marks the first time that Ohio state transportation officials are pursuing a public-private partnership. In 2011, Ohio became the 30th state in the USA to enact legislation permitting its transport department to pursue PPP contracts.
ODOT is replacing the current bridge with two new bridges – one to carry westbound traffic, the other to carry eastbound traffic. When both bridges are complete, ODOT will have invested nearly US$620 million in the city of Cleveland over a six-year period.
The preferred team is likely to be selected this summer.
- Click here to return to the previous page
- Subscribe to our free construction newsletters
- Buy & Sell Construction Plant Machinery online with TCiTrader.co.uk. Find new, used & reconditioned Construction Equipment. Click here to view Construction Equipment Classifieds.
- UK Construction Week: 9 major shows under one roof with 55,000 trade visitors and 1,000 exhibitors (6-8 October 2015 | NEC) - Register for FREE here
Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.
This article was published on 7 Feb 2013 (last updated on 7 Feb 2013).