Thermal imaging drone helps with pest control
Mitie has begun using a thermal imaging drone in what it says is a first for the facilities management (FM) industry.
The thermal imaging technology is the next stage of development for Mitie’s pest control drone service, introduced earlier this year. The drone, named Inspire 1, will help Mitie with a range of services, from pest control to property and waste management. The thermal imaging applications for Inspire 1 also include:
- Building damage inspections and maintenance, in areas that aren’t readily visible
- Wildlife management – thermal imaging for animal population control, like deer
- Safety at landfill sites – the drone can find hot spots that pose a fire risk
- Thermal mapping – look at any heat leakage over the whole building to identify potential savings via improved insulation
- Roofing surveillance to detect excess humidity and water cooling on flat roofs
- Concealed bird nesting in roof crevices.
Gareth Davies, regional director for Mitie pest control and drone operations, said: “The thermal imaging technology enables us to develop the precision of our existing drone fleet. The Inspire 1 will enable us to offer customers and increasingly comprehensive, safe and flexible service and is a great example of Mitie’s technological innovation in the FM sector.”
- Click here to return to the previous page
- Subscribe to our free construction newsletters
- Buy & Sell Construction Plant Machinery online with TCiTrader.co.uk. Find new, used & reconditioned Construction Equipment. Click here to view Construction Equipment Classifieds.
Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.
This article was published on 4 Oct 2016 (last updated on 4 Oct 2016).