Job DescriptionPosition: Labourer
Business Unit: Kier Living
Sub Location: Yeovil
Contract: Fixed term 12 months You can shape the world around you with Kier Group. We're one of the UK's leading names in construction - inspiring innovations in a multitude of market sectors - and wherever you join us, you'll be able to achieve and collaborate with one of the country's most established and inspired forward thinkers in construction, property, residential and services. Kier Living is at the forefront of tackling the unprecedented demand for new housing in the UK. Government, local councils and housing associations trust our expert team and 100-year pedigree to deliver affordable mixed tenure and high-quality private developments - a commitment that's seeing us build thousands of new homes every year, offering you a valued role in meeting the housing needs of a nation. Responsibilities:
- Carry out all works on site as instructed by the Site Manager and in line with company standards and procedures;
- Inspect all on-site signage including all large sale signs, plot signs, safety signs etc. and ensure that signs are always clean and in good repair;
- Take personal responsibility for Health and Safety on site and report any instances of breaches to the site manager;
- Ensure that all protection of fixed material is carried out by the sub-contractor who fits it, in line with company procedures;
- Ensure compound and welfare facilities are maintained;
- Ensure all plots under construction are kept tidy by all trades;
- Ensure all waste across the site is segregated and recycled following company guidelines.
- Able to use initiative whilst working unsupervised;
- Experience of working on large volume domestic house building sites;
- Health and Safety Awareness;
- Individual who carries a current appropriate CSCS or partner scheme card.