Homelessness Assessment and Prevention Officers
Dutton Recruitment are seeking two individuals for the positions of Homelessness Assessment and Prevention Officers, based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
The 2 officers will be based at the client's head office, but they will need to be able to travel round the Borough to undertake home visits when required, so a driving licence would be desired.
The Homeless Assessment and Prevention Officers' main duties will include:
- Have a good knowledge of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and application of the new duties in the Act. Provide advice and assessments in accordance with these legislation changes.
- Provide housing advice and carried out S184 decisions regarding eligibility and suitability for temporary/emergency accommodation.
- Conduct initial interviews with clients to see who met housing criteria.
- Provide advice and assistance on available housing options for homeless and potentially homeless persons under the Homelessness Act 1996, Part VII.
- Knowledge of the Prevention from Eviction Act 1977 and Homelessness Act 2002.
- Liaise and negotiate with private sector landlords and mediating between family disputes to prevent homelessness where possible.
- Liaise with B&B's and other providers to help find emergency accommodation.
A knowledge of the following systems would be an advantage:
- MS Office applications
A DBS Certificate would also be an advantage.
If you would like to be considered for the role, then please submit a CV by clicking "Apply Now", or call us direct on 01709 794000Apply for this job