Health and Safety Officer
Position: Health and Safety Officer
Location: Carlow / Wicklow
We at Elk Recruitment are seeking a Health and Safety Officer to join our client who specialises in the delivery of high quality building refurbishments & fit outs across all sectors of the market.
If you're a committed Health and Safety Officer from a construction or Design background, this is an excellent opportunity to take your next step with an established company with an excellent track record and safety culture.
As the Safety Officer you will be responsible for providing a high level of health and safety guidance to the business.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Advise and liaise with project construction team regarding on site Health and Safety issues and overall commitment to improving safe conditions in the work place.
- Update the site company safety file for both statutory compliance and company compliance with Safety Management System.
- Issue Weekly H&S Progress Report.
- Inspection of Ensure compliance with HSA and Statutory obligations, cooperate policies and procedures and legislation.
- Ensure compliance and continuous improvement for all elements of Health & Safety.
- Carryout accident and incident investigations and corrective actions and follow up effectiveness of these actions.
- Conduct regular internal audits and report and close out findings with project team.
- Compile method statements/ risk assessments for various tasks and ensure compliance with same.
- Attend internal HES meeting and ensure relevant issues are reviewed and closed.
- Ensure all regulatory and in-house safety training/refresher training is completed.
- Assisting the Group Health & Safety Manager in ensuring all Safety requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Present weekly safety performance reports to senior management
Qualifications / Requirements
- A third level qualification or Diploma in Health & Safety
- At 2 years Health and Safety experience
- Excellent communication skills / Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- Strong IT and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Apply for this job