Job DescriptionDesign Manager
Salary and benefits: Highly competitive salary plus full package including company car, healthcare, company matched pension and other flexible benefits
Kier Construction London is looking to recruit a Design Manager to join the Loughton team. The successful post-holder will be responsible for the design and delivery of all projects by ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of require project outcomes by exceeding client expectations on programme, cost and quality.
- Design and delivery of all projects by ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of require project outcomes by exceeding client expectations on programme, cost and quality
- Ensure the Control Manager for the work orders (planned works) is fully aware of any impact on cost, quality and timely delivery of the design teams work
- Ensure all project outcomes meet the customer expectations
- Day to day management of direct reports and providing the strategy / leadership to achieve the business / contract objectives
- Management of the design team
- Manage risk, commercial issues and compliance processes and procedures in relation to Quality, H&S, Environmental Management and other policies
- Create and manage a design library and tap into existing libraries.
- Identify skill specialism and shortages.
- Establish and manage the documentation and deliverables completion processes.
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
- Production of a Contractor's Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Preparation of Briefs for structural investigations, surveys and monitoring.
- Budgetary management of tender design fees and preparation of detailed design fee estimates.
- Designer liaison including design review meetings, progress & performance reporting, and design change control.
- Liaison with Clients, approval bodies and other relevant third parties.
- Input to analytical & interpretative reports on technical and commercial factors.
- Review of designs on behalf of the contractor, including interrogating drawings and other technical documentation.
- Leading evaluation of added value options and participation in value engineering meetings
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline)
- Chartered or Incorporated of a relevant institution.
- Demonstrable experience of management and leadership of a significant time period
- Experience and a proven track record of successful service/operational delivery and business operations
- Understanding of the relevant engineering, service or technical disciplines
- Knowledge of full MS office suite including Project, Project Server and SharePoint
- Knowledge of operational/project delivery and site experience of major schemes
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with all stakeholders
- Effective at presentations and group meetings
- Have vision, commitment and enthusiasm for change