Dutton Recruitment are a Repairs Supervisor for Social Housing, based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day supervision of direct employees and supply chain partners, including sourcing and organising with the co-ordinators, delivery of materials and plant.
The Repairs Supervisor main duties will include:
Lead and manage a high-performance team through the application of good people management principles and practices;
- Surveying of multi trade or complex orders and organising with the co-ordinators, orders to sub-contractors and suppliers for these works as directed.
- To promote a safe working environment and monitor the companies Health and Safety systems on site. Carry out monthly WIP and van stock checks including condition of plant, equipment. Complete HS02 inspections on the supply chain and overview their systems and report any non-compliant.
- Attend scheduled service delivery weekly meetings with the client and, support the contract with mitigation.
- Report to line manager with regard to allocation and level of resources required to complete the works.
- Assist in organising call out rota and weekend working, and if required supervising the works.
- Ensuring that workmen working on contracts are correctly equipped and ensure they are wearing corporate uniform, displaying ID badges adhering to the site safety manual and are working in the appropriate manner.
- Checking quality of work at times of site visits and reporting any poor workmanship to the manager, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
- Supervise operatives to deliver contract requirements, including planning workloads, monitoring the quality of work and directing work so that it is completed within contract timescales.
- Assist in the monitoring, evaluation and control of the performance of all allocated labour resources on site and report to the contract's manager
- Review with Contracts Manager the calibre of operatives, including identifying strengths and weaknesses, identifying training needs and where management action is necessary.
- Monitor and directly control the use of other resources including materials, plant, vehicles and mobile phones etc.
- Liaise with the client and keep them informed of any delays in competing major works.
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within responsibility.
- Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade background
- Supervisory training: CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) or SMSTS
- First Aid
- Asbestos Awareness/UKATA
- CSCS Card - Supervisor
- Full UK driving licence
- Company Van.
- Holidays 25 plus 8 stats.
- Fuel card.
- Van can be used for personal use.
If you would like to be considered for the role, then please submit a CV by clicking "Apply Now", or call us direct on 01709 794000Apply for this job