Senior Design Manager
Job DescriptionSenior Design Manager
Salary and benefits: Highly competitive salary plus full package including company car, healthcare, company matched pension and other flexible benefits
Kier Construction London is looking to recruit a Senior Design Manager to join the team in Loughton. The main purpose of the role is to co-ordinate and integrate the activities of our external design consultants. Assist on pre-construction activities and tender opportunities, to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants.
- Manage the design process during the pre-construction and as required, theconstruction phase.
- Interrogationo f enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer's Requirements.
- Production of a Contractor's Proposal document in liaison with other internaldepartments.
- Manage our design process via external consultants.
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design.
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meetinformation delivery dates.
- Review Sub contractor design proposals.
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings andspecifications & maintain registers.
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed.
- Facilitate the completion of a project risk register.
- Attend tender launch /tender adjudication and launch meetings as required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Commercial awareness.
- Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes.
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage.
- Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.
Apply for this job