Fleet and Van Officer
Job DescriptionFleet and Van Officer
9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Purpose of the role:
Supporting the Kier Transport Manager in the deployment of vehicles, this includes specification, requisitioning, issuing and reallocation of vehicles throughout the Kier business.
Managing these vehicles through the ConnectIT database, DriveCam and Fleetmatics platforms this will also include the continuous driver behavior campaigns through coaching and training.
The Fleet & Van Manager will support the Transport Manager on all matters relating to the Kier Operators License including site and vehicle audits, gate checks and tachograph management.
The post holder will also be responsible for maintaining the FORS accreditation for the business ensuring that data is maintained and provided to both the business and the accreditation body in a timely manner.
- To support the operating business units in the specification and requisition of vehicles to be deployed to the business.
- To manage the driver risk assessments for all Kier drivers this will include ensuring all drivers are compliant with the Kier Driver Policy including license mandates, driver risk assessments and identify any ongoing driver training requirements.
- To operate the company telematics / DriveCam systems this will include managing the installation and removal of units in vehicles, training the business units in the operation of the platforms to enable them to manage their drivers and close out of coaching to improve driver behavior. Monthly reporting of driver risk, and the actions taken to reduce risk
- To support the Business Unit Transport Manager to be 100% compliant for the Operator's License, this will include but not exclusive to - completing van audits on site, carrying out routine gate checks and management of the HGV tachographs. To ensure that PMI and maintenance records are kept 100% compliant throughout. To provide the appropriate assistance to the Transport Manager in maintain the Operators Licenses including applications for additional licenses, vehicle capacities and closure of dormant licenses. To ensure that any legislative changes are understood and deployed to ensure ongoing compliance.
- To ensure that the utilization of the company vehicles is kept to the highest level possible whist ensuring that driver records are also kept accurate. To manage the approval process of vehicle damages.
- To support the business in maintaining fuel card records and to track usage by way of reports and escalation of mis-use
- General administration duties
- Maintain Kier Group Policies and Procedures
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Safety culture
- Previous experience in a group fleet role
- Strong knowledge of Fleet Management and Transport Law
- Strong customer service ethic
- Strong IT skills are essential. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office..
- Organizational and administration skills.
- Businesslike in appearance, manner and style of work.
- Commercial awareness.
- A "can do" attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, and think 'outside the box'
- Excel and word to advanced level.
- Ability to communicate clearly with suppliers and drivers
- Ability to work alone and within small team.
- Ability to suggest and implement improvements.
- Previous experience of managing driver passport systems
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.
Apply for this job