Fleet Compliance / Transport Manager
- Salary: Competitive + benefits
- Type: Full Time
- Region: UK - East
- Town/City: Sandy, Bedfordshire
- Posted: 10/08/2018
- Listed in: Construction Management
- Reference: 184395_1533899632
Fleet Compliance/Transport Manager
Location: Head office in Sandy, Bedfordshire with UK travel and home working
Due to expansion Kier Group plc is looking to recruit an additional Fleet Compliance Manager, who will report to the Kier Fleet Operations Manager. The successful post-holder will be responsible for providing internal and external assurance of Vehicle Fleet Compliance for the division.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Provide internal and external assurance of Vehicle Fleet Compliance incorporating Safety, Health and Environmental compliance
- Internal and external assurance of Vehicle Fleet Compliance incorporating Vehicle workshop compliance
- Suitability qualified and experienced (SQEP) capacity to meet the compliance requirements of current and future legislation
- Compliance in line with internal policies, procedures and written systems
- Advice and guidance to operators and managers on fleet compliance issues
- You will be required to work closely with the HSE Manager (Compliance) and the safety, health and environmental Managers and Advisors throughout the business
- Compliance Assurance will be focused primarily in the fields of VOSA 0 Licences, Fleet Operations and Technical Operations (such as vehicle workshop, manufacturer, ADR, etc.)
- Three years compliance experience in a similar Fleet, transport, engineering, services, construction or other high risk industry.
- Detailed knowledge of VOSA / DVSA regulatory requirements regarding O Licences and Fleet management activities in general.
- Recognised Fleet vocational qualification such CPC or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of how UK Fleet and transport legislation is developed and implemented.
- The ability to work unsupervised and to deliver accurate and factual compliance reports to tight deadlines.
- Previous employment with a large Fleet environment or VOSA / DVSA, an Armed Forces / Police Vehicle Fleet environment would be beneficial.
- Proven man management, people and workload prioritisation skills.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrial, power, transport and utilities.
Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities, employing 21,500 people.Apply for this job