Job Title: Junior Estimator
Sector: Specialist Contracting
Salary: c. £25,000 per annum + package
- Would you like to be involved with specialist construction projects that create impactful and instantly recognizable buildings?
This Somerset based contractor provide a range of timber cladding solutions and they would like to speak to you if you take pride in your work, have a great head for numbers and possess the ambition to make your way in the commercial management of construction projects.
As an Estimator, it will be your job to assess the feasibility and price of potential projects. Far more than a pricing exercise, you will need to take into account factors such as contractual terms, site access, delivery schedules, design challenges and material capabilities. That might sound like a lot, but you will be mentored by a very experienced team who are invested in your development.
- Quote against all enquiries from our website, architects, clients
- Handle Sales enquiries
- Update and log quotations on CRM system
- Follow up quotes
- Arrange Scheduling and Calls Offs on current client projects
- Read drawings and do take offs when required
- Give technical information to Architects
- Site visits as required
- Understanding of the Construction industry
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's including English Literature, English Language, and Maths.
- Further education with relevance to the Construction Industry preferable.
- Able to read architectural plans
- Able to multi task and meet strict deadlines
- Confidence to use own initiative and problem solve
- Confident in talking to all levels/ trades within the industry
- Have good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bonus scheme
- 4 weeks holiday - 20 days plus statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Normal hours are 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Apply for this job
If you are interested in this role please contact Rob Elford of ARV Solutions on 01179592008. Alternatively click 'Apply' to submit your CV for consideration.
Key Skills: Graduate, Estimating, Quotes, Tenders, Contracting, Timber Cladding, Timber Product, Design, Progression, Opportunity