Job DescriptionPosition - Senior Estimator
Salary Range - Competitive salary plus full package, company car/car allowance, healthcare, matched pension to 7.5%, two excellent share options plus numerous retail discounts
Location - Role based in Plymouth, to cover the Devon & Cornwall region
Projects type - Commercial, Education, Health, Student Accommodation and multi-frameworks
Kier Construction Western & Wales is looking to recruit a Senior Estimator who will report to the Pre-Construction Commercial Manager. The role holder will manage the preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of projects.
- Attend pre-construction and construction site visits
- Manage the production of enquiry schedules for either civil scope of works / packages from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications issued
- Manage the preparation of enquiry documents for either civil scope of works / packages
- Identify the tender deliverables required from the project designers
- Manage the preparation and issuing of RFI's (Request for Information) to the Client / Architect. Evaluates and issues RFI responses to the Estimating Team
- Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and where necessary enters into correspondence with suppliers to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
- Prepare a project risk register including risk cost evaluation and risk probability, and arranges and chairs a project risk meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planners, Design Co-ordinators
- Arrange with the Chief Estimator the Tender Adjudication Settlement Meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planners and Director(s)
- Arrange a Tender Handover meeting in the presence of Estimators and projects team
- Prepares commercial documents for tender handover to projects team
- Lead Tender Adjudication and Presentation to Director and Senior Manager
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- HNC/HNC/Degree related to the business division.
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Microsoft Project.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.Apply for this job