Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to their expanding existing software development team to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled engineers to provide support and development of software used to control and process data from their R&D facilities.
Initially the role will involve a degree of learning their existing software and processes, which will, over time, enable taking ownership of these codes and leading the transformation of legacy software into modern programming languages and software architecture.
Although the role is predominantly internal facing, there are situations which may require technical discussions with customers and suppliers from across the world.
* Understand the processes and existing software which control and process data from our R&D facilities.
* Provide technical input into the system architecture and software development of replacement software to both control and process data from the R&D facilities.
* Develop, compile and run our existing software codes - setting up data processing based on specifications from a customer.
* Input into technical discussions with customers and suppliers from across the world understanding the requirements for customer data.
* Use good software development practices to develop code which is documented, maintainable, tested and under version control.
Software Engineer Essential:
* Have a good hons degree or equivalent in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering.
* Have considerable experience as a software engineer in a technical/engineering context
* In-depth knowledge of Fortran, C and Unix/Linux
* Experience working with legacy codes
* Experience in developing network aware code
* Have an understanding of the factors affecting software performance and the ability to design and write code that is maintainable, extensible and efficient
* Have a sound knowledge of good practices within software development. For example, version control, testing processes, coding standards etc.
Software Engineer - Desirable:
* Experience developing software using C++ and/or Python
* Experience using LabVIEW or similar development environments
* Experience in developing software that performs three dimensional spatial manipulations
* Experience in developing real-time software
* Working knowledge of Aerodynamic principles
* Experience in defining and delivering a complex software development programme
* Experience of processing large quantities of data
* Experience of user interface design and implementation.
* Good inter-personal skills - the role involves face-to-face interaction with both internal stakeholders and customers
* Able to communicate openly passing on knowledge and disseminating findings
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Competitive salary along with benefits package including, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, 7% employer contribution matched pension, 26 days holidays + bank holidays
Please apply ASAP
Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Programmer, Software Developer, Fortran, C, C++, Python, CFD