Gleeson Homes are recruiting for a Land Manager/Buyer that will cover the Lincolnshire area, supporting our expansion plans with the purchase of land for future housing developments. This role can be based in either our Nottingham Regional office, or Scunthorpe. As we expand, this role could also be based in a new regional office in Lincolnshire.
The successful person will be responsible for the acquisition of land and to secure new sites for the development to a meet or exceed Gleeson Developments regional forecast performance. To see acquisitions through the legal process and attain satisfactory planning approvals on acquired sites.
- Agree HOTs and purchase land to ensure continuity of land supply to at least meet future forecasts
- Provide detailed land bids, that demonstrate the company’s requirement in respect of profitability that is met
- Demonstrate that site acquisition terms concur with agreed and authorised land bids
- Negotiate and prepare the legal documentation associated with land acquisitions
- Draw to the attention of the Group Land Director any issues which may affect existing or future obligations
- Liaise with legal representatives and advise on the legal status of developments
- Brief design teams, external consultants and internal departments to ensure the successful delivery of planning on sites
- Ensuring planning is delivered within time, budget and within any other obligations, if applicable
- Negotiate on behalf of the company and in conjunction with the Group Land Director, planning agreements that meet the company’s requirements in respect of forecast profit
The Ideal Candidate
- Community involvement/public exhibitions
- Commercially astute
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Team player
- Up to date knowledge of land acquisition legislation
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
About The Company
Gleeson Homes specialises in building low costs homes on brownfield sites across the north of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Gleeson Homes, building more than 1,000 houses a year, is part of the MJ Gleeson Group of companies and is expanding in a rapid, controlled manner throughout the North and Midlands. We are currently opening Area Offices at the rate of one a year.Apply for this job