Contracts Manager - Groundworks and Civil Engineering
Contracts Manager – Groundworks and Civil Engineering
Drivepoint Contractors Ltd, Sheffield Park, East Sussex
Drivepoint Contractors Ltd is an established civil engineering and groundworks contractor working on custodial, retail, healthcare, education and industrial projects throughout the South East for clients that include Wilmott Dixon, Kier and Galliford Try. With a head office based at Sheffield Park, East Sussex, the Company employs approximately 80 people of which most are site based.
We are seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to join our Management team who will be responsible for managing multiple projects concurrently with an average individual value circa £2-3 million. As Contracts Manager you will be involved with projects from the inception stage, gaining a full and detailed understanding of the scope of works, labour, materials and programme requirements. Once the project has begun the main focus will be to provide the interface with the Client’s project team and to control ‘site delivery’, ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget and is compliant with health and safety regulations.
- Effective contract management and commercial ownership of a portfolio of projects.
- Working closely with the Commercial team throughout the valuation and cost to complete process.
- Productivity and performance management of site teams, through close liaison with Site Managers/Supervisors.
- Sequencing of works, awareness of lead time on materials ensuring timely delivery.
- Work closely with the Client to ensure expectations are being met and exceeded.
- Manage health and safety issues including the production of Method Statements & Risk Assessments.
- Procurement of labour, plant and materials.
- Contract obligations, understanding what and how the project had been priced (lump sum, re-measurable, day work), what the company attendances are, inclusions such as road sweepers, fencing, skips, access etc.
- Chart progress for internal review and phasing by marking up drawings for completed drainage etc.
- Management and review of main works programme and communicate progress/issues to Quantity Surveyors and any effects.
- Working with the management team at tender stage, preparing and procuring new contracts.
- A proven track record within the construction industry, ideally with a good level of on-site experience.
- HNC/D in Civil Engineering or equivalent is desirable.
- Effective project and site management skills, with strong and proven background in groundworks.
- Strong health and safety knowledge.
- Knowledge of Asta Power Project or similar project programming software.
- Excellent communicator with a ‘can do’ attitude and who is a good ambassador for the Company.
- Proven, strong negotiating and relationship building skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate records on projects.
- Budgetary and cost control skills.
- Versatile and adaptable with perseverance when the going gets tough.
A competitive salary package commensurate with experience and skill and including a company vehicle is offered.
For expressions of interest please emailApply for this job