Our client is a leading engineering business that has been established for over half a century providing mechanical handling solutions to many industries across the globe. They are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Manager to their midlands based manufacturing plant.
Manufacturing Manager - Main roles & responsibilities:
* To drive the Company's quest to standardise the manufacture of its products.
* Modernise and streamline manufacturing processes, and to drive efficiency for the company by challenging the Design department for ever more production-friendly/standardised/cost-efficient designs to manufacture
* Ensure company's safety requirements are met.
* Ensure company product output quality requirements are met and exceeded
* To be responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
* To manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams.
* To implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
* To lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards.
* To be responsible for the manufacture of all products made by the Company.
* To control all production personnel ensuring that their actual levels of production attain the planned levels. This must be carried out in conjunction with the MRP system (Jobscope).
* To prepare and issue a production forecast each month for the following twelve months, and to provide statistical information for production planning purposes; this information will relate to work-in-progress and capacity forecasts.
* To manage and organise the factory area, plant and machinery.
* To manage stock control both physically and on the MRP II system.
* Develop production plans, scheduling tools & capacity planning
* To control and supervise the Purchasing department.
* Management of outsourced component manufacture
You will possess a solid manufacturing / production management background in bespoke manufacturing (not batch) with a proven track record of streamlining and improving manufacturing processes. Technically qualified, ideally in Mechanical /Manufacturing Engineering.
Candidates with the above skills & experience coupled with a strong commercial acumen are encouraged to apply.
Please apply ASAP!
Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager