Quantity Surveyor required for a growing Construction Company in Dublin working on a number of high profile sites in Ireland and across Europe. Fantastic career opportunity for the right person.
Role and Responsibilities
A quantity surveyor's role is to manage the costs relating to building and engineering projects. This may include new builds, renovations or maintenance work.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved
- Plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Deal with any adhoc request as requested
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Degree caliber, and industry experience - min of 3 years, 5 years is preferred dealing with internal fit outs
- High degree of personal motivation
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously - both short and long term.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
- Outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with Clients and their design team
- Good negotiator
- Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry
- Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- Driving licence
- Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
KPI's that are to be evaluated for this role
- Tendering & Estimating
- Client Satisfaction
- Work Process
- Financial Awareness
If the position above is of interest to you, or you would like to keep up to date with jobs within our specialised industries, send your CV Today!
Elk Recruitment is an award-winning niche recruitment firm with offices currently in Ireland and the United Kingdom. Our core competency is the placement of permanent and contract mid to senior level professionals within the Fenestration, Facade, Curtain Walling, Construction, Glazing & Medical Device industry throughout Ireland, United Kingdom, MENA region and the United States.
Our in-depth knowledge, particularly of the façade industry, comes from having worked in senior positions for aluminium, glass & steel companies for over 16 years domestically and internationally. During this time gaining invaluable experience and insight into elements of the business such as Estimation, Design, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Project Management. This practical in industry senior experience coupled with a very strong academic background is what differentiates Elk Recruitment from its competitors in our chosen field.
Apply for this job