Resource Scheduling Coordinator
Job DescriptionResource Scheduling Coordinator (IMDS)
Kier Utilities is looking to recruit a Resource Scheduling Coordinator to work alongside the Resource Capacity Planner to support Operational Resource Planning within IMDS. To deliver flexible structures to IMDS front line teams so as to provide an optimum resource fit against forecast demands. To provide support and recommendations, in order to drive the delivery of effective short term resource planning in line with operational targets and objectives. To centrally maintain the updates of resource availability across workforce management systems and scheduling tools. To deliver flexible agent plans and Intra Day Performance reports for the forthcoming week, which optimise resources fit and delivers departmental service level goals.
- Manage the resource planning window to ensure all workload is prioritised and planned within business targets and thresholds.
- Ensure planning and scheduling processes are aligned to deliver the most optimised plan and maximum benefit to the operation.
- Production of monthly working shift patterns delivered within timescales that deliver an optimum schedule fit percentage.
- Manage the booking and planning of all schedule staffs for non-availability day requests, balancing agent satisfaction and service levels.
- Take ownership of engaging front line employees and Operational Managers for opinions/alternatives for any proposed enhancements to short term working shift policies.
- Responsible for the reporting and measurement of the optimum scheduling strategy, taking into account the employee/customer satisfaction and experience.
- Present 4 week Intra Day Plans (IDP) and Back Office Plans at weekly planning meeting with Operational Managers.
- Proactively resource so as to reduce the need for overtime expenditure.
- Liaise with the Resource Capacity Planner to discuss and determine EWFM historical contact profiles for weekly schedules.
- Plan all off phone/core work activities whilst ensuring delivery of service targets.
- Identify where annual leave limits have not been taken to capacity, consult waiting lists and liaise with agents to maximise bookings.
- Liaise with the Resource Capacity Planner and to reduce and mitigate the booking of non-availability.
- Ensure clear channel of communication provided to all IMDS teams for all amendments or updates to weekly plans.
- Ability to plan, schedule and optimise ad-hoc business and departmental planning requests (i.e. Company-wide briefs)
- Conduct and manage the starters/leavers/changes to hours process, ensuring the timely communication to HR of accurate leave balances.
- Manage the booking of all employees to departmental team meetings, reviewing attendance levels and mitigating reasons for being cancelled.
- Oversee the management of bank holiday adjustments and ensure relevant shifts are produced in accordance with local policy.
- Production of weekly staffing schedules ensuring they reflect business requirements.
- Creation of weekly IDPs and/or agent schedules report.
- Optimise or maintain resource fit against forecast demand.
- Ensure weekly scheduling process is aligned to deliver the most optimised plan and maximum benefit to the operation.
- Ensure agent break scheduling enhances planning service levels whilst delivering employee satisfaction.
- Take ownership of completing task lists for weekly plan creation.
- Produce weekly planning summary and backlog reports to IMDS teams.
- Manage exceptions such as sickness and adjust schedule/re-assign to appropriate available resource.
- Liaise with Resource Capacity Planner to discuss and determine EWFM historical contact profiles for weekly schedules.
- Ensure offline tasks are scheduled in accordance with business requirements and agent development.
- Escalate to Planning Manager, where service levels planned will impact customer satisfaction or backlog control.
- Ensure accurate transfer of yearly annual leave uploads including carry over and service entitlements.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Technical understanding of Work Force Management software
- Awareness of understanding of Simulation/Scenario planning
- Proficient user of MS Excel, Word and Access
- Understanding of the 'Planning Cycle' principles
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience of metering/developer services programmes and worktypes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate a highly flexible and constructive attitude and strong team working skills
- Strong prioritising and decision making skills
- Strong planning skills
- A positive approach.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.Apply for this job