Job DescriptionPosition - Senior Estimator
Salary Range - Competitive salary plus full package, company car/car allowance, healthcare, matched pension to 7.5%, two excellent share options plus numerous retail discounts
Location - Role based in Plymouth, to cover the Devon & Cornwall region
Projects type - Commercial, Education, Health, Student Accommodation and multi-frameworks
Kier Construction Western & Wales is looking to recruit a Senior Estimator who will report to the Pre-Construction Commercial Manager. The role holder will manage the preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of projects.
- Attend pre-construction and construction site visits
- Manage the production of enquiry schedules for either civil scope of works / packages from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications issued
- Manage the preparation of enquiry documents for either civil scope of works / packages
- Identify the tender deliverables required from the project designers
- Manage the preparation and issuing of RFI's (Request for Information) to the Client / Architect. Evaluates and issues RFI responses to the Estimating Team
- Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and where necessary enters into correspondence with suppliers to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
- Prepare a project risk register including risk cost evaluation and risk probability, and arranges and chairs a project risk meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planners, Design Co-ordinators
- Arrange with the Chief Estimator the Tender Adjudication Settlement Meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planners and Director(s)
- Arrange a Tender Handover meeting in the presence of Estimators and projects team
- Prepares commercial documents for tender handover to projects team
- Lead Tender Adjudication and Presentation to Director and Senior Manager
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- HNC/HNC/Degree related to the business division.
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Microsoft Project.