Junior Quantity Surveyor- Subcontractor
Job Type: Junior Quantity Surveyor- Subcontractor
Contract Start date: Immediate
Industry: Building and Construction
Salary: GBP £25,000- £35,000 per Annum
I am currently recruiting for a successful carpentry subcontractor based in Wellington, Somerset. The working hours will be 8am-5pm Monday to Friday based in the office in Wellington that boasts free allocated parking.
The contractor works closely with nationwide volume house builders delivering Joists, Roofs first and second fix packages with phases consisting of up to 132 plots.
The contractor is a well established and successful carpentry subcontractor with a strong family ethic and close ties to the South West region. You will be working within a small tight knit team that work together to deliver an excellent service.
They are seeking an individual with construction knowledge and good numerical skills. There isn't a requirement for specific qualifications within the role and the estimating will be externally contracted.
Role of a Junior Quantity Surveyor- Subcontractor involves
- managing valuations
- Managing invoicing
- Managing variations
- Final accounts.
- Liaising with and overseeing subcontractors.
- knowledge of construction to ensure good working relationships with clients
Requirements of the role of Junior Quantity Surveyor- Subcontractor
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Excel spread sheets
- Previous experience in a construction background such as administration or Junior Quantity Surveyor
- Driving license as there will be some site visits involved to evaluate variations
REGION123Apply for this job