Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor job in Nottingham
Our Top 10 Housebuilder client has exciting growth plans to significantly increase their housing delivery within the East Midlands region by 2023 and they now need a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Nottingham-based commercial team. The role offers a package of between £50k - £60k + Car Allowance £7k + 10% Bonus + Remote Working.
The leading housebuilder provides homes of all tenures and is the largest delivery partner of Homes England. They employ over 1000 people across 11 offices nationwide and still expanding. You will be joining a busy commercial team with a strong pipeline of new developments.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting into the Commercial Director, ensure that the commercial department runs smoothly by taking full responsibility for all surveying activities
- Work on several High Risk/Complex housing developments from the initial procurement phase through to final accounts
- Set and monitor budgets
- Place orders, payments and production of accurate and timely reports
- Ensure junior members of the team are provided with the necessary guidance/support to support their progression
- Price/forecast the cost of all materials
- Liaise with the subcontractors, site staff and other departments throughout
- Protect the company's legal and contractual obligations
- Increase trade contractor base
- Tender for 'all risk' Road, Sewers and Plot works, negotiate for best value package and present for approval
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years' experience in Quantity Surveying
- Must have experience in working for a housebuilder
- Experienced in pre-contract through to final accounts
- Supervisory/mentoring experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in COINS preferred but not essential
- UK Driving Licence and own car
What you get back
- Salary of £50,000 - £60,000 + £7k Car Allowance + 10% Bonus (Negotiable)
- 25 days holidays + Bank holidays + option to buy 5 additional days
- Agile Working
- Health Insurance
- Company Pension
- Continual professional development
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Quantity Surveyor in Nottingham - Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Job Ref: 12266)
Apply for this job