Catfoss Recruitment Ltd are currently in partnership with a well-established construction/utilities heavy plant machinery company . Due to continued business growth they are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to their expanding team.
Salary Details: £55K - £60K DOE, Pension, family private healthcare cover and life cover
Position duration: Permanent Full Time
Job Summary: Responsible for providing day to day leadership, direction, and support to the Service and Training Departments.
Relationships: Directly with: Directors, Line Managers, Supervisors, and all employees.
Operations Manager - Standard Duties/ Responsibilities:
* Development & maintenance of departmental budgets. Hold regular reviews with direct reports to support management of costs (budget control), time and quality.
* Contribute to departmental resource planning, ensuring resources are effectively utilised, developing improvement plans where necessary.
* Identify, recommend & implement process & policy changes to the benefit of the company.
* Lead working groups to review efficiencies within the business, including recommendations for system implementation or development.
* Design, implement & manage a system to measure & drive improvements in customer satisfaction with services provided
* Facilitate successful internal processes & systems to recruit, train, manage and motivate colleagues.
* Fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all services are delivered on time and company goals are met.
* Lead & coach direct reports ensuring they are well motivated, trained & informed by holding regular reviews, managing performance, and identifying development areas.
* Playing a key role in the development of the business, supporting the achievement of the Directors' vision and aspirations, leading engineering projects on their behalf.
* Acting as a liaison to senior management and the Directors to keep them up to date with operational matters.
* Ensuring the delivery of agreed customer service levels, working with line management to identify and promote improved efficiency.
* Monitor customer satisfaction and assist with swift resolution to any customer complaints.
* Lead on Near Miss reporting
* Development of the parts/purchasing function. Drive the efficient utilisation of parts/stock, leading and managing process & financial enhancements.
* Aid with the completion of information for the financial month end targets.
* Act as the Quality Management representative and govern the quality management system.
* Managing accreditation of ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and ongoing audits.
* Oversee all Audit & Compliance matters. Including FORS and Achilles
* Act as the Company's Internal Verifier.
* Evaluate and implement actions from audits
* Oversee a positive Health & Safety culture.
* Manage the successful growth and development of the Training function, enhancing customer satisfaction and financial contribution.
* Maintain EUSR accreditations and conduct annual audits.
* Lead on the implementation and delivery of an Engineering Apprenticeship programme
* Maximise utilisation of company assets
* Maintain CPA agreements.
* Completion of Hire Contract Acceptance Forms,
* Report at month end utilisation.
* Manage Inspections and maintenance of vehicles
* Approve supplier payments as and when required.
* Oversee the Company Insurance policies.
Operations Manager - Qualifications/ Experience:
* Proven track record of successful management in an operational environment. Flexible and adaptable to manage multiple issues simultaneously.
Operations Manager - Performance Standards:
* Comply with all aspects of the company policies and follow published procedures where applicable. Maintain a culture of best practice within the company by attending training courses, both internal and external when and where required.
* Out of hours support will be required
* Self-motivation and team working are essential. Flexibility within this role is paramount, with the ability to adapt working hours to accommodate priorities and/or business requirements. The ability to work alone and on own initiative is required, taking a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion.
* Must be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment and react quickly to meet challenges.
* To work safely always and in accordance with the company's health and safety procedures.
Operations Manager - Skills and Attributes Required:
* An empathetic approach to both internal & external customers, always offering first class customer service.
* Strong IT knowledge & computer skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively, building relationships with customers and colleagues.
* Outstanding organisational skills.
* An exceptional leader/manager and influencer of people able to get the best out of employees both on an individual & team basis.
* H&S and Audit experience
* Engineering qualification and experience desirable
Operations Manager previous suitable job titles: Operations Manager, General Manager, Sales Manager, Service Manager, Sales & Service Manager, Plant Hire manager, Plant Sales Manager, Commercial Manager
Please apply ASAP