Cost Engineer - Manufacturing
Salary: Flexible to attract
It's rare to find a company who can tick so many boxes for their potential employees:
- World leader in its specialist product range
- Great employer, enviable staff retention record with good benefits package and comprehensive training
The Roles Focus:
- To develop a system of costing within manufacturing which includes new methods and maintaining current products on systems.
- To manage materials/consumables inventory and spend.
- Cost manage processes including cycle time and set up time.
- Ensure cost accuracy of in house computer systems.
- Maintain the accurate costing for new products, design changes as well as implementing improvements to existing products by estimating the material used, process time and overheads.
- Material management - assisting with order fulfilment for what is required aligned to algorithms and data collated from sales forecast and usage rates etc. Consideration of space management in future, obsolete stock management and easing the First-In First-Out usage process.
- Lead reviews of cost of sales with peers.
- Provide cost support to sales and the senior management team.
- Involvement in budgeting process.
- Experience of costing products/ processes of manufacture
- Proven track record of value engineering and project participation in a relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge and experience of engineering with familiarity of raising works and routing documentation to support production.
- Understanding of root cause analysis, FMEA / risk analysis / Value Stream Mapping and 8D would be beneficial.
Education & Training:
* Strong analytical skills with excellent written and verbal communication.
* IT literate, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Access or similar is essential.
* HND / HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline would be advantageous, although previous work experience would be considered.
Hours of Work:
Monday - Friday: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm. 35-hours per week.
- Competitive salary
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- Healthcare scheme (Subject to qualifying period)
Please contact Paul Blackwell on 0117 9592008 today, if you are looking for the chance to work for an award-winning global leader in its field, who have an excellent reputation as an employer.Apply for this job