South West area
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Closing date: 30th September, 2019
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in the UK and Ireland. We operate two cement plants, around 80 quarries, 40 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete and mortar plants, nine concrete and clay products plants, four contract surfacing businesses, six import/export terminals and two slate production facilities.
Owing to an internal promotion, we are currently seeking a Technical Supervisor based in the South West area of our Breedon Southern business.
Reporting to the Area Technical Manager, the key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Responsible for the supervision of technicians for all matters including Health and Safety.
- Responsibility for the operations of conformity, factory production control and the quality systems for all products (rmx, mortar, screed, aggregates)
- To optimise the use of available materials for all products
- Interpretation of incoming specifications
- Internal and external audits
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Writing quality reports
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints
- Maintain UKAS standards where appropriate
- Meeting targets and objectives set by the Technical Manager
- Validation of results
The key activities of the role are:
- Supervise day to day activities for all technical staff ensuring that health and safety, compliance and quality standards are achieved and maintained.
- Meeting the required test rates.
- Identify non-conformities and undertake investigations to establish the root cause
- Operate the FPC control systems for all products and take appropriate action to maintain control
- Represent the company at internal and external audits as requested by the Technical Manager
- Assessing the material usage to ensure the designs are running at the optimum.
- Evaluate specifications and offer recommendations for alternative products to commercial staff where appropriate.
- Support commercial staff in resolving customer complaints, technical queries and any required site visits.
- Report and discuss internal material/product issues with the appropriate manager with a view to obtaining a satisfactory resolution.
- Reporting FPC issues with solutions and recommendations
- Development of new products and concepts.
- Complete reports as required by the Technical Manager
- Trial mixes for concrete and mortar.
It is essential that you have experience in a technical capacity for readymix concrete, which will include the use of quality management and FPC systems. You must also be computer literate, with a good understanding of MS Office. It is also essential that you have excellent communication skills with the ability to put forward strong, rational arguments, and are able to demonstrate a rational decision-making process whilst under pressure. It would be advantageous if you have experience of working with concrete, screeds, mortar and aggregates. It is desirable for you to possess CGLI Concrete Technology.
A full driving licence is essential for you to be considered for this role as you will be required to drive a company van.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Apply for this job