Head Of Digital Manufacturing
Head Of Digital Manufacturing
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Head of Digital Manufacturing you will be lead the Technical team responsible for the delivery of modelling / data outputs to Operations for all BML projects for RIBA Plan of Work Stage 4 activity onwards including capture of golden thread information. The role will necessitate becoming a product expert and understanding the manufacturing process logic used to transform a virtual model into physical product such that actual performance matches with designed intent. This role will include taking responsibility for all digital connectivity linking the key software packages comprising our Digitally Enabled Agile Manufacturing (DEAM) platform.
The initial work will cover helping to set up the business' core BIM logic, including helping to develop the business' Organisational Information Requirements (OIR) and Exchange Information Requirements (EIR) strategies in accordance with PAS 1192 / BS 19650. There will also be extensive involvement in supporting the business map process workflows, and engaging with supply chain partners to capture structured product data / information via the Cobuilder platform. Finally, the role will include working with our software development partners to create robust design automation logic that helps to leverage the productivity of the Technical function whilst ensuring data integrity / quality, and also create model-to-machine logic to help convert virtual model information to production equipment code.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Help to map out the technical design workflow against the RIBA Plan of Work
- Develop and manage robust classification methodology and naming conventions
- Take ownership for the mapping digital connectivity of the DEAM platform
- Help define the business' approach to creating bill-of-material and bill-of-process information
- Support the work on the structured parts library including engagement with potential supply chain partners to help create / populate / maintain structured product data templates
- Lead the work on the development of object libraries including data integration to the product data sheets as appropriate
- Help to create Standard Operating Procedures for digital design and engineering activities
- Support the business in terms of securing ISO 9001 / 18001 / 45001 and accreditation for ISO 23386
- Take ownership for the development of an Organisational Information Requirements (OIR) and Exchange Information Requirements (EIR) strategies for the business which can be used to measure BIM implementation success
- Help to build relationships with key players across our software partners
- Play an active role in the role definition, recruitment and on-boarding of the new technical team
- Play an active role in the development / user acceptance testing of the DEAM platform
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated
- Management experience from an offsite manufacturing environment
- Appreciation of RIBA Plan of Work
- Minimum 3 years' experience within an offsite manufacturing environment
- Proficient with 3D BIM environments such as Inventor or Solidworks, including Vault and BIM360
- Advanced understanding of PLM, and working knowledge of ERP and MES systems
- Exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex manufacturing environment
- Detailed knowledge of the PAS 1192 / BS 19650 frameworks and COBie schema, structured product data templates / sheets and GUIDS
- Detailed knowledge of building information models and capturing data flows
- Fully conversant with CDM Regulations and other relevant construction / manufacturing industry technical standards
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Apply for this job