Production Planner required for a manufacturer, designer, installer of cold-formed steel products (metal decking, purlins, light gauge steel frames)
This £30m business has a state of the art manufacturing facility with a team of 50 plus and will be looking at opening a new factory for new product lines.
As a Production Planner you will have:
* Overall responsibility for planning, organising, co-ordination and control of the production process within a specific production cell.
* Provide strong leadership and guidance to members of the team focusing efforts to achieve on time and in full deliveries to their clients.
* Ensure the company's products are produced efficiently and are the correct quantity, quality and cost
* Manage the production process from issuing production documentation through to the planning and execution of deliveries ensuring product quality standards are achieved.
* Manage raw material stocks and report to senior management on a weekly basis
* Liaise with the manufacturing manager to ensure resource is available to achieve production plan and on time delivery.
* Drive continuous improvement throughout the production process through the use of effective KPI,s
* Oversee delivery plan and liaise with sites
* Negotiate with suppliers on selected bought in items and communicate to senior management
* Ensure that communication lines are in place with other departments to enable improvements process efficiencies.
* Ensure compliance with the companies Quality standards and Health and Safety policies.
They are looking for:
* 2 plus years' experience working as a production planner in a steel processing / manufacturing environment.
* Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills and possess a high degree of attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate a team whilst working under pressure.
* Self-confident and self-motivated
In return they will offer an annual salary of £25,000 - £33,000
This position can lead into a Production Manager role.
Hours of work 0830 - 1700, Monday to Friday
For a confidential chat please call Craig Nicholls on 0117 959 2008 or email email@example.com