- Company: Aggregate Industries
- Salary: Competitive
- Type: Full Time
- Region: UK - West Midlands
- Town/City: Barton under Needwood
- Posted: 11/07/2019
- Listed in: Production Management
- Reference: 94708CONIN
We have an excellent opportunity for a professional and disciplined individual to join the Management team holding responsibility for the supervision of a team of technicians and ensuring quality conformity across all Ready-mix products.
About the role
You will provide overall guidance and direction to the team driving support for the company’s health, safety, quality and financial objectives. In addition, you will help set and manage the quality plan across the product range ensuring product compliance through a programme of sampling, testing and inspection.
Key Responsibilities include
- Provide technical guidance and support to the immediate team and supporting commercial teams across the product portfolio
- Help optimise mix designs to ensure we are developing the most cost effective solutions across our product range. Subsequently, evaluate specifications and offer recommendations for alternative product designs to our sales force and customers.
- Undertake technical contract reviews to ensure that customer product and specification requirements are met/satisfied in a timely manner
- Work with the sales and commercial teams to resolve any customer complaints or technical queries with non-conformance
- Maintain accurate testing records, develop reports and use trend analysis to identify areas for improvement in terms of product production/outlay
- Driving a high performance culture through thorough engagement, coaching and skill/capability development of the team
- Collaborate with colleagues across the region and business in order to share best practice and promote new thinking/innovation
- Ensuring that you and your colleagues work and operate safely at all times helping us drive towards a culture of zero-harm
What will you bring?
- Experience in the practical application of asphalt and aggregate specifications, materials testing and production methods
- A working understanding of quality plans and specifications/mix designs
- Experience in managing teams with the ability to engage, motivate and drive change across a diverse workforce
- Stakeholder Management coupled with the ability to influence effectively across a broad range of disciplines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with others
- Proven track record in coaching and developing others through the transfer and sharing of knowledge/information
- Computer literate, with a good understanding and operational knowledge of MS Office/Google.
- A full driving licence in order to cover the geographical area of responsibility
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 330 sites and more than 4000 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in.
We want to build a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Apply for this job