Breedon on the Hill near Derby
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in the UK and Ireland. We operate two cement plants, around 80 quarries, 40 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete and mortar plants, nine concrete and clay products plants, four contract surfacing businesses, six import/export terminals and two slate production facilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Asphalt Planner based at Cloud Hill Quarry at Breedon on the Hill near Derby. Working within a team in a fast-paced environment you will be responsible for the planning of our asphalt plants making sure we are supplying from our most cost-effective plant, scheduling and monitoring of customers' orders. You must be able to meet customers' requirements whilst keeping them informed and maximising our commercial opportunities. Effective communication between both internal and external stake holders is paramount.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Telephone and email contact to and from customers.
- An adept and timely response to customers' enquiries, queries and complaints in an efficient manner.
- Proactively plan and track orders to completion.
- Schedule and reschedule orders whilst utilising haulage fleet effectively.
- Compile and maintain accurate records as required.
- Communicate effective between commercial, production and haulage partners.
- Proactively manage old age debt recovery.
- An ability and desire to adapt cross functionally as and when required.
- Identify and contribute to managing your own personal development.
- Full compliance with Competition Act 1998
Good verbal skills are essential and previous experience in the asphalt and aggregate product markets is desirable, along with a familiarity of the local geography.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Apply for this job