Lead Registered Manager - Residential Care Home)
Lead Registered Manager - Residential Care Home
We are looking for an experienced, focused and determined Lead Registered Manager to run and manage our 50-bed custom built Care Home that was opened in 2015. You must have a wide range of experience and be focused on excellent care delivery. Working well with the other members of our management team and our Nominated Individual is vital. The role requires some remote on-call work which will be split with the other members of the management team.
The successful applicant must be able to develop positive relationships with external stakeholders such as CQC, Social Services and the local Safeguarding team; and also motivate and develop staff.
All of our bedrooms have en-suite wet rooms, and we admit both men and woman aged primarily over 65. Some of our Residents have complex needs (both physical health and dementia related).
This is a fantastic opportunity that will be both challenging and rewarding. You will be expected to raise and maintain standards; and also develop the ethos and culture of the Home.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Promoting positive and Person-Centred Care for all Resident's.
- Managing risk appropriately and safely.
- Leading and developing staff across all functions (care and non-care).
- Ensuring all staff are trained to the required levels.
- Implementing and managing of audits and quality assurance structures; ensuring a culture of "analyse, review and improve".
- Safe recruitment, selection and retention of staff.
- Employee relations, including staff communications, managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness.
- Being highly responsive and proactive when referrals are received.
- Actively ensuring the Home has the highest possible level of occupancy by utilising links with the local community, and positively marketing the Home.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have a strong understanding of care delivery within a large Residential Care Home
- Must have a resilient character, with high standards of probity and integrity
- Strong leadership skills in managing and motivating large teams of staff
- Experience as a Registered Manager of a Care Home or similar
- Comprehensive knowledge of CQC standards and experience of meeting all CQC and Social Services requirements.
- Good knowledge and literacy of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook as a minimum).
- Good general knowledge of systems, CoolCare and electronic care plans, or be able to demonstrate a genuine willingness to learn about these systems.
What we offer
- Full time permanent contract: 40 hours Monday to Friday
- Salary (annual):£50,000 plus performance related bonus
- Annual leave entitlement: 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- BUPA Health Scheme
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Apply for this job