TriConnex is an ambitious, people orientated, performance driven organisation with a strong focus on leadership and development. We provide Multi-Utility infrastructure solutions from concept to completion to the fast-paced residential developer sector. With overall responsibility for operational Commercial performance you will lead from the front and develop your team to ensure consistency across all contracts, driving commercial efficiency and maximising outputs bringing vision and expertise, coupled with exceptional leadership and development skills. Inspiring individuals and developing teams to deliver our future growth ambitions within this fast paced, growing business.
• Day to day performance management of the Commercial team and secured contracts.
• Provide support whilst developing team members through coaching, on the job training and our performance management framework.
• Overall responsibility for the commercial performance from technical handover to final account.
• Ensuring appropriate records are maintained on projects regarding contract performance, variations and asset contribution through contract performance reviews (CPR).
• Respond effectively to the business and customer needs by developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships and service.
• Selection and Management of Sub-contractors across multiple regions, including negotiation of tenders and review of performance against tenders. Authorising payments against works completed.
• Forecasting of projects from handover to completion reviewing monthly to track performance.
• Producing monthly team reports tracking against departments KPIs to be used in the monthly board reports.
• Attending and contributing to senior staff meetings working closely with peers to continuously improve processes and challenge current working practices whilst supporting others.
• You will hold proven experience at Manager level within a commercial discipline in the construction sector.
• Must hold a strong, proven background within Quantity Surveying with expert knowledge of Quantity Surveying methods and techniques.
• Skilled in the successful management and leadership of people to develop team members and build a strong, robust department with a passion for ongoing personal development and development of others.
• Experience in change management implementation and strategy, process and continuous improvement would be desirable.
• Proven leadership, motivational and people skills with experience of coaching, mentoring and upskilling.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise at various levels building strong, compelling relationships.
• You must hold exceptional IT skills specifically in Excel at Intermediate to advanced level.
• Very competitive salary and bonus.
• Company Car or Allowance and Fuel Card.
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and long-term service additional holiday
• Pension, SIP, Life Assurance, and many other benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking a rewarding and challenging career within a forward thinking, dynamic company who value their people and are focussed on the development and building Talent for the future. If you feel this matches your experience, values and aspirations please get apply by 24th February 2019.Apply for this job