Planner or Senior Planner
Job DescriptionPosition - Planner or Senior Planner Salary and benefits - competitive salary plus full package, car or car allowance, healthcare, matched pension, share options. Location - Within 1 hour commute of Cheltenham The opportunity: Kier Central is looking to recruit a Planner or Senior Planner to be based from our office in Cheltenham. Reporting into the Pre-Construction Manager, the successful post-holder will be a pivotal team member within the Pre-Construction team. The team and the region: The Cheltenham team have completed some outstanding projects to date and have a full order book moving forwards to continue this performance. This friendly and family felt office has a professional and dedicated team, coupled with the performance of Kier Building highlights this as a great opportunity. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract
- Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme
- Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams
- Manage and control programme information
- Identify and allocate of resources and monitoring of budget and cost
- Accountable for implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
- Assist the Control Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
- Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge
- Understand the constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
- Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverables requirement.
- Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
- Attend tender handover meeting, discuss about the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
- Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
- Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
- Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. minimum of HNC/HND in relevant discipline)
- Comprehensive programme delivery experience
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, resource allocation and general management
- Experience in risk identification and assessment
- Detailed knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining a works programme
- Knowledge of full MS Office suite including Project, Project Server and SharePoint