Senior EHS Advisor
We at Elk Recruitment are seeking a Safety Advisor to join our clients dedicated, passionate team. Our client has been providing the pharmaceutical, semiconductor, industrial, food, commercial and retail industries with professional project management and high calibre craftsmanship.
If you're a committed health and safety advisor from a construction background, this is an excellent opportunity to take your next step with an established company with an excellent track record and safety culture.
As the Safety Advisor, you will be responsible for providing a high level of health and safety guidance to the business.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Be a leader in our Behavioural Based Safety Programme.
- Advise and liaise with project construction team and PSCS regarding on site Health and Safety issues and overall commitment to improving safe conditions in the work place.
- Update the site company safety file for both statutory compliance and company compliance with Safety Management System.
- Issue Weekly H&S Progress Report.
- Inspection of WAH equipment such as Mobile Towers, Ladders, MEWP.
- Ensure compliance with HSA and Statutory obligations, cooperate policies and procedures and legislation.
- Ensure compliance and continuous improvement for all elements of Health & Safety.
- Carryout accident and incident investigations and corrective actions and follow up effectiveness of these actions.
- Conduct regular internal audits and report and close out findings with project team.
- Compile method statements/ risk assessments for various tasks and ensure compliance with same.
- Communicate Tool Box Talks and carryout site inductions.
- Strict management and assessment of all onsite subcontractors including reviewing RAMS.
- Attend PSCS HES meetings and communicate minutes to Leo Lynch project team and ensure issues are closed.
- Attend internal HES meeting and ensure relevant issues are reviewed and closed.
- Ensure all regulatory and in-house safety training/refresher training is completed.
- Assisting the Group Health & Safety Manager in ensuring all Safety requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Present weekly safety performance reports to senior management
Qualifications / Requirements
- A third level qualification or Diploma in Health & Safety
- At least five years' health and safety advisory experience gained within construction, preferably mechanical engineering environment.
- Excellent communication skills / Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- Strong IT and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- FETAC Manual Handling Instructor (Advantage)
- Occupational First Aider (Advantage)
- Membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Advantage) and excellent document control.
A proven track record with a minimum of five years' health and safety advisory experience gained within a process, semi-conductor, chemical or mechanical engineering environment
Field Based (Dunboyne)
Salary - 40k-€50k, Plus Mobile Phone, Laptop, Company Expenses, 20 Days' Holiday + Public Holidays. IOSH Membership and CPD.
Day Work, 5 days (07:30 - 16:30).
If the position above is of interest to you, or you would like to keep up to date with jobs within our specialised industries, send your CV Today! and feel free to register at www.elkrecruitment.com.
Elk Recruitment is an award-winning niche recruitment firm with offices currently in Ireland and the United Kingdom. Our core competency is the placement of permanent and contract mid to senior level professionals within the Fenestration, Facade, Curtain Walling, Construction, Glazing & Medical Device industry throughout Ireland, United Kingdom, MENA region and the United States.
Our in-depth knowledge, particularly of the façade industry, comes from having worked in senior positions for aluminium, glass & steel companies for over 16 years domestically and internationally. During this time gaining invaluable experience and insight into elements of the business such as Estimation, Design, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Project Management. This practical in industry senior experience coupled with a very strong academic background is what differentiates Elk Recruitment from its competitors in our chosen field.Apply for this job