Glasgow City Council has awarded a £24m road construction project to a joint venture comprising Northern Ireland firm Farrans and Perth outfit IH Brown.
The JV will take on the design, construction and five-year defect maintenance liability for phase two of the East End Regeneration Route and Camlachie Burn Overflow.
The works in the contract include:
- Construction of a four-lane single carriageway distributor road with contiguous footways;
- 10 new junctions;
- Improvements to existing roads to provide connections to the new road;
- Structures including the reconfiguration of Rutherglen Bridge, a new crossing of the disused London Road railway tunnel, plus retaining walls and environmental barriers;
- Alteration and re-lining of carriageway road markings;
- Landscaping and environmental mitigation works;
- Earthworks, including the treatment of contaminated land;
- Demolition of vacant properties and site clearance;