At least £10m is to be invested in schools, universities, sports clubs and leisure centres which will act as training venues during the London Olympics.
The upgrade work, at facilities in London and around the UK, will bring the venues up to standards for use by athletes during the 2012 Games.
Each London training venue is no more than 30 minutes' drive from the Village and will also offer medical facilities, changing rooms and catering. Those remaining are mainly football training facilities outside London.
Venues which have signed to become Games-time training venues are:
- Barking Abbey School, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (Basketball);
- Beacontree Heath Leisure Centre, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (Water Polo);
- Brentwood School, Essex (Modern Pentathlon);
- Eton Manor, Olympic Park, London Borough of Newham (Aquatics, Wheelchair Tennis);
- Europa Gymnastics Club, London Borough of Bexley (Volleyball and Sitting Volleyball);
- Goresbrook Leisure Centre, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (Boxing);
- Greenwich Academy, London Borough of Greenwich (Gymnastics);
- Langdon School, East Ham, London Borough of Newham (Taekwondo);
- Manchester Grammar School, Manchester (Football);
- Mayesbrook Park, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (Athletics, Paralympic Athletics);
- Old Loughtonians Hockey Club, Chigwell, Essex (Hockey, 5-a-side Football, 7-a-side Football);
- Redbridge Cycling Centre, Hainault, London Borough of Redbridge (Cycling, Paralympic Cycling);
- Redbridge Sports & Leisure Centre, Barkingside, London Borough of Redbridge (Badminton, Judo, Wrestling, Goalball);
- Sobell Centre, Finsbury Park, London Borough of Islington (Volleyball);
- Terence McMillan Stadium and Hub, London Borough of Newham (Athletics, Paralympic Athletics);
- Warwick University, Warwick (Football).