Westminster City Council is looking for a civil engineering contractor to carry out extensive landscaping work on Soho’s famous Leicester Square.
The works, which have a value estimated between £13.9m and £16.3m, will include all or some of the following:
- complete re-construction of Leicester Square’s four terraces and twelve side streets, and some of the immediate perimeter footways surrounding these streets;
- hard and soft landscaping of the central garden area,
- new functional and decorative lighting for the gardens, four terraces and the nine side streets,
- works to the listed structures,
- new toilet entrances and complete refurbishment of the existing toilets,
- new railings and gates,
- new hydraulic bollards for Irving Street, Cranbourn Street, Panton Street, Leicester Street and St. Martin's Street.
The work is scheduled to run for 17 months from the award of the contract.
Westminister expects to invite between five and seven contractors to participate in the tender process.
The deadline for receipt of tenders or requests to participate is 8 March. Selected contractors will receive invitations to tender or to participate on 28 April.