West Sussex County Council is seeking a single contractor for a seven-year highways maintenance framework contract.
The deal, worth up to £315m, covers maintenance and improvement of the highways in the county, plus related civils infrastructure.
The main services to be provided are:
- Highways maintenance (including road and bridges, but excluding lighting);
- Highways winter maintenance;
- Highways improvements (including capital schemes up to the value of 500 000 GBP).
Other services that may be included in the contract are:
- Highways verge maintenance, including grass cutting;
- Maintenance and renewal of traffic lights;
- Maintenance and renewal of on-street and off-street car parks;
- Maintenance and renewal of public right of ways.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 20 September.