Construction News

Thu October 29 2020

Related Information

£70,000 fine after construction site security guard dies from carbon monoxide poisoning

13 Apr 10 Clyde Valley Housing Association Limited has been fined £70,000 after a security guard died from carbon monoxide poisoning on a construction site in Burbank, Hamilton.

Clyde Valley Housing Association Limited has been fined £70,000 after a security guard died from carbon monoxide poisoning on a construction site in Burbank, Hamilton.

Hamilton Sheriff Court heard that on 6 February 2008, the security guard was overcome with fumes from a petrol generator used inside the site office.

On Friday 26 March Clyde Valley Housing Association Limited, 50 Scott Street, Motherwell, ML1 1PN pleaded guilty to breaching section 3(1) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.

Got a story? Email news@theconstructionindex.co.uk

MPU

Click here to view more construction news »