Crossrail has formally issued the tender for Contract 315, which covers the Connaught Tunnel refurbishment and surface railway works in east London.
The contract is for the stretch of the Crossrail route between Custom House and North Woolwich.
It focuses on the reconstruction of the existing Connaught Tunnel, which runs beneath the Royal Docks near Custom House, and surface railway works.
The design is still progressing and construction methods could change.
The contract will include:
- Refurbishment of the Connaught Tunnel, an existing twin brick / steel-lined tunnels under the dock passage.
- Re-excavation and enlargement of the tunnel profile and construction of a new tunnel lining over a length of approximately 105m,
- Construction of the Connaught Tunnel west approach structure, including repairs to the existing mass concrete retaining walls over a length of approximately 295m.
- Construction of the Connaught Tunnel east approach structure, including repairs to the existing mass concrete retaining walls over a length of approximately 270m,
- Surface Railway between Custom House Station and Connaught Tunnel (west).
- Surface Railway between Connaught Tunnel (east) and North Woolwich Portal.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 5 July.
Further information is available on the Crossrail procurement website.