The Homes and Communities Agency is injecting £14.8m of funding to construct around 390 new homes in Essex.
The projects are funded from the National Affordable Housing Programme.
Schemes in the Thames Gateway regeneration area of Basildon, Southend and Thurrock will receive total investment of £7.6m.
The rest are spread across the county and in total will provide homes for approximately 1,387 people on the housing waiting list.
The full list is as follows:
- Basildon; 37 homes, 164 people housed
- Braintree: 1 homes, 4 people (1 family) housed
- Brentwood; 72 homes, 295 people housed
- Castle Point; 22 homes, 58 people
- Chelmsford; 27 people
- Colchester; 79 homes, 221 people
- Maldon; 7 homes, 30 people
- Southend on Sea; 39 homes, 192 people housed
- Thurrock; 65 homes, 177 people housed
- Tendring; 47 homes, 184 people housed
- Harlow; 2 homes, 10 people housed