A Farrans-Heron Bros joint venture has won a £85m contract to develop five mental health care facilities on Merseyside.
The two Northern Irish contractors were awarded the deal by Mersey Care NHS Trust and Liverpool and Sefton Health Partnership.
The contract has been set up as a framework agreement, and will run for four years with the option to extend for a further year.
The project is known as TIME (To Improve Mental health Environments), and includes:
- individual bedrooms with en suite facilities,
- activity and quiet spaces on and off the in patient ward,
- clinical treatment and therapeutic areas,
- decoration, artwork and fittings,
- family and visitor friendly areas,
- disabled facilities and easily accessible outdoor spaces,
- learning and office accommodation.
The first phase includes two facilities located on Rice Lane and Edge Lane in Liverpool accommodating approximately 70 inpatient beds on each site with an expected GIFA of around 6,100 sq m.