Six architect / contractor teams have been shortlisted in a RIBA competition for the re-cladding of a 13-storey tower on the St Thomas’ Hospital site in central London.
The shortlisted teams are :
- Allford Hall Monaghan Morris / Galliford Try
- David Morley Architects / Laing O’Rourke Construction
- Denton Corker Marshall / Josef Gartner
- Grimshaw / Geoffrey Osborne
- Hopkins Architects / ISG
- Penoyre & Prasad / BAM Construction
A RIBA statement said: “The East Wing building has a significant presence on the London skyline and the competition seeks a re-cladding design of exemplary quality befitting its prominent location within the city.”
The teams have until the beginning of August to come up with their design concepts, and a winner is expected to be announced later in the year.