The campus received six statements of qualifications (SOQs) for its 2020 Project and will now develop a shortlist of teams to which the request for proposals will be released later this year.
The 2020 Project includes the development of academic, administrative, research, recreational, student services and housing facilities. This includes infrastructure, utilities, outdoor recreation areas, open space areas, roadways, parking and landscaping. One of the key goals of the project is to accommodate a growth in enrollment from 6,200 students to 10,000 by 2020.
The teams that submitted SOQs are:
- Edgemoor Plenary EdR Partners (EP2) (lead contractor Clark Construction Group
- E3 2020 (lead contractor Balfour Beatty Construction,Sundt Construction)
- Gateway2Learn (lead contractor Turner Construction)
- Innovation Partners (lead contractor Moss & Associates and Shikum & Binui joint venture)
- Merced Campus Collaborative (lead contractor McCarthy Building Companies andLend Lease (US) joint venture)
- Merced 2020 Partners (contractors Skanska USA Building, Webcor Construction and WM Lyles)
The project will develop up to 1.85 million square feet of new teaching, research and residential facilities on a 219-acre, university-owned site that includes the existing campus. Following the selection of the development team, the university aims to begin construction in 2016 and deliver the first building as early as late 2017.