The schools projects are scheduled for completion in September 2015.
The contract includes:
- a £5.1m three-storey extension to Pelham Primary School
- a £4.4m new school hall, main entrance and teaching block at Hillcross primary school
- a £4m extension, including a new hall and teaching block, at Poplar Primary School
- a £2.7m teaching block, library extension and link at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
- a £3.9m teaching block at Singlegate Primary School
- a £1.6m two-storey teaching block at Merton Abbey School.
The contract was awarded through the £1bn, four-year Improvement & Efficiency South East (iESE) framework. Since being appointed to the framework in 2011, Balfour Beatty has been awarded in excess of £100m-worth of work through it, including two recently completed primary schools in Winchester.
Balfour Beatty iESE senior contract manager Nick Kent said: “These six school projects for Merton Council further strengthen our position as a leading construction partner in the education sector.”