The manufacturer says that the new machine incorporates many of the new features and improvements seen on the larger Bobcat new generation models.
The S450 comes with a choice of 48 different approved attachments, with more in development, for a wide range of applications.
The cab is fully pressurised, with air conditioning as an option, which Bobcat says is a first in this class of skid-steer. The pressurisation system is based on a one-piece seal that goes all the way around the door, increasing pressurisation to minimise the dirt and dust that might enter the cab. Heating performance has also been increased and the controls are fully illuminated so the temperature settings can be chosen in low light conditions.
The S450 cab is 10% bigger than on the S130 model. Moving the cab side windows to the outside of the cab has contributed to the increase in interior space and has also made them easier to clean. In addition, the threshold of the cab door has been lowered and the size of the cab door opening has been increased, making it easier for operators to enter and exit the cab.
All-round visibility is increased by 30% compared to the cab on the S130 model, Bobcat says, with larger windows, particularly the roof.
Other selling points include increased hydraulic performance and efficiency; a new tailgate design; integrated rear bumper and enhanced serviceability.
Bobcat S450 skid-steer loader:
- Rated operating capacity (ISO 14397-1): 608 kg
- Tipping load (ISO 14397-1): 1215 kg
- Operating weight: 2240 kg
- Lift path: Radial
- Height (top of cab): 1976 mm
- Width over tyres: 1500 mm
- Length with standard bucket: 3172 mm
- Height to bucket hinge pin: 2781 mm
- Dump height: 2157 mm
- Maximum travel speed (low range): 11.4 km/h
- Maximum travel speed (high range – option): 14.8 km/h
- Standard hydraulic flow: 64.0 litres/min
- Engine Power (SAE J1995): 48.8hp (36.4 kW) at 2800rpm
- Options: Selectable Joystick Controls and two-speed